Required from September 2017
Scale range 25 -28: £24,510 – £26,805, 36 hours per week (TTO considered).
We are currently looking for a talented and committed Finance Officer to join our growing Academy.
Christ’s College Finchley is an ethnically diverse 11-18 Academy. We are a successful school rated “Good with outstanding features” by Ofsted 2016.
CCF can offer successful candidates:
- Flexible working (Full or Part time)
- A supportive, collaborative department and school
- Work life balance
- Wellbeing support through an external Medical Insurance
- A team ethos
- Exceptional CPD
The successful candidate will be required to work alongside the accountant, staff and stakeholders. Previous experience in education would be an advantage but not essential.
- Check and process invoices, and upload onto the finance system (Corero)
- Match purchase orders to invoices
- Schedule payment runs and follow through with reconciliations
- Record payments onto the ledger and match payments to invoices
- Liaise with vendors and respond to queries
- Review bank statements and perform regular bank reconciliations
- Input cashbook journals or nominal ledger journals where recharges need to be made or items need to be booked directly on the ledger.
- Ensure we follow robust requisitioning and purchasing procedure across the Academy, including following up on approvals from department head
- Collate information and place collective purchases across departments for educational resources (including online)
- When purchasing ensure best value for money
- Liaise with department heads regarding spending, ensuring consistency across departments.
Accounts Receivable & Cash Management
- Issue sales invoices, follow up debtors for payment
- Record receipts in the finance system (Corero)
- Help with management of cash in the academy and setting up of payments on ParentPay
- Monitor ParentPay payments, help matching and report on debt
- Provide support to the Accountant in cross-departmental budgeting across the departments
- Manage and maintain the Finance mailbox, making sure all items are actioned in a timely fashion
- From time to time, perform additional duties to support the smooth running of the academy as directed by the Head teacher and Accountant.
For an electronic application pack, please see below.
Closing date: 4/8/2017
Completed application forms should be returned to the school via email to: email@example.com or posted to the School marked for the attention of the Human Resources Manager. References will be sought prior to interview. CV’s will not be accepted.