Salary point 25-28 (£24,267 – £26,541);
Actual pay £19,717- £21,565; term time only
(39 weeks) PA
Christ’s College is an Academy in Finchley and is a high achieving comprehensive with Sixth Form.
The school has many distinctive characteristics:
- The school benefits from an attractive, convenient location in which to provide a modern education for students. Its facilities occupy spacious grounds and buildings which also provide a center for community activity.
- In May 2016, OFSTED judged the school to be ‘good’ with outstanding features.
- The school is a highly successful comprehensive recognised by the SSAT for high attainment and achievement in 2016 and 2017.
The Department and Role
- The school would like to appoint an enthusiastic motivated Librarian. The refurbished Library was opened in 2013 and is a magnificent resource at the heart of the school. We would like our Librarian to be someone who can develop the Library yet further, by ensuring wide student participation in the activities of the library, helping to nurture a love of reading for all students and make the library a center of learning for all year groups.
- We are looking for someone who loves reading and books and has experience of working with secondary school age children, preferably in a library setting. You will need to be confident in dealing with young people up to the age of 18 and understand how the library can meet the needs of the school. The ideal candidate will have strong ICT skills
What Do We Offer?
- Supportive, collaborative Department and School
- Development opportunities
- Exceptional CPD
If you would like to join a school that aims to provide a secure, caring and stimulating learning environment through expert teaching and support staff ensuring all students achieve their full potential; where staff are hard-working, committed, supported and valued, then please download an Application Form and further details from the school website www.christscollegefinchley.org.uk
Information for this post can also be obtained from the school by calling 020 8349 3581 ext. 232. Completed application forms should be returned to the school via email to: email@example.com and / or firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the School, marked for the attention of the Human Resources Manager. References will be sought prior to interview. CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 8/6/2017