Free School Meals
The Free School Meal Checking Service is a simple online check to determine eligibility for free school meals which in turn may attract extra funding for the school
Eligible children are entitled to £1.50 for breakfast and £2.30 for lunch daily.
How it works
Providing free school meals to families with no recourse to public funds (NRPF)
The government have permanently extended free school meal eligibility to children in all households with no recourse to public funds (NRPF), subject to maximum income thresholds.
Schools and local authorities are not able to use the eligibility checking system (ECS) to confirm eligibility for these families as the family will not be in receipt of Universal Credit or legacy benefits. Please email Ms Kingsland at firstname.lastname@example.org for help applying and confirming eligibility.
These groups include, but may not be limited to children of:
- Zambrano carers
- families who have no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private and family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights
- families receiving support under Section 17 of the Children Act 1989 who are also subject to a no recourse to public funds restriction
- a subset of failed asylum seekers supported under Section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Chen carers
- families holding a BN(O) passport
- spousal visa holders
- work visa holders
- student visa holders
- those with no immigration status
The maximum income threshold differs based on your location and the number of children that your family has.
To complete an application form with the school directly, please complete and return the below form with accompanying documents to the school office.