Exceptional success at GCSE FOR OUR FIRST COED CLASS IN 2023!
We are incredibly proud to share that this year’s GCSE pupils have achieved outstanding results, with a record breaking 110 grade 9s and 149 grade 8s attained, and 30% of all grades achieved at 9-7.
Our impressive Class of 2023 are our first co-educational cohort in the school’s history to take the GCSE examinations since girls joined in 2018. They are an incredibly hard working and fantastic year group who are ambitious for their futures.
They have succeeded in core academic subjects and the percentage of pupils achieving top grades remains impressive. Notably, 65% of all grades achieved were 9-5 and 78% of grades were 9-4. Despite the national picture showing a decline in results to pre-covid levels, we are delighted to have exceeded our 2019 results.
Overall results and subject (achieving 9-5 grades) highlights include:
- Pupils achieving 9-5 grades increased by 7 percentage points when compared to 2019 results; 9-4 grades increased by 4 percentage points; and 9-7 grades by 5 percentage points
- Attainment 8 at 52.2, an increase of 0.8
- Chemistry: 96%
- Biology: 91%
- Physics: 89%
- English: 82%
- History: 74%
We firmly believe that it is our role to ensure pupils have the best chances and experiences at school to enable them to succeed in the modern world. Our exceptional curriculum and enrichment opportunities not only broaden horizons but raise aspirations.
There have been some outstanding individual performances from our pupils in a variety of subjects, including:
- Vinny achieved an impressive portfolio of results: 9999999998 in his English Language and Literature, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Spanish, PE and Computing examinations. He looks forward to returning to CCF Sixth Form in September.
- Congratulations are in order for Isobella who proudly attained 9999998887. She plans to read Psychology at university, but not before returning to CCF Sixth Form to study Physics, Art and Psychology A Level. Crediting the support of her teachers, she encourages every student to take advantage of all the opportunities offered at CCF, commenting that “everything done at CCF has our best interests at heart – take up every trip, club, resource and opportunity, it will help you stand out from the crowd and take your learning to the next level.”
- Law Club participant Zarah celebrates an incredible set of results: 9999988877. With ambitions of studying Astrophysics at university, Zarah first plans to attend CCF Sixth Form to study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. She praises her teachers for going above and beyond in helping her to achieve her goals.
Following the outstanding results, many are now confirming their places for further study on a wide range of courses, and we are delighted that Christ’s College Finchley is firmly the destination of choice.
Headteacher, Samson Olusanya, commented:
We aim to provide pupils with an inspirational learning environment where they can flourish and start to shape their own successful journey. It’s fantastic to hear them excitedly talking about their future plans having made the most of all the opportunities they have had here at CCF. I would like to congratulate everyone on their tremendous efforts and look forward to seeing them join our ambitious Sixth Form in September.