School Medical Officer and Admin Support
Pay: Point 24-26 Outer London
Term time only (40 weeks) - 36 hours per week
We are currently looking for an empathetic, confident person with the relevant skills to provide a comprehensive medical and welfare service to the school. We are looking for a team player who enjoys working with minimum supervision and who might already have a medical background in some form or another.
In addition to the provision of first aid and other medical support to individual students you will work with colleagues on the implementation of individual health care plans for students with medical conditions, co-ordinate immunisation programmes, liaise with the pastoral team in relation to pastoral issues and contribute to medical and student wellbeing policy. We would also like the successful applicant to train staff members who are working with students with severe and complex medical conditions as well as support the school trip process in relation to medical requirements.
CCF can offer successful candidates:
- A supportive, collaborative department and school
- Work life balance
- A team ethos
- Exceptional CPD
First Aid Provision:
- Administer first aid to all pupils and staff as and when required.
- Ensure parents and carers are informed of any injury and when required accompany pupils to hospital as the appropriate adult.
- Administer medication as advised and approved of by parents to pupils with long / short term medical conditions.
- Monitor expiry dates of pupil medication.
- Maintain school accident/incident book and record daily pupil’s injuries illness and pupils sent home.
- Maintain /order and ensure all first aid boxes are equipment for whole school.
Coordination of immunisation programmes:
- Liaise with school nurses the required paperwork for all immunisation programmes.
- Organise and supervise the schools immunisation programmes.
- Liaise with school nurse any individual health care plans/problems
- Attend Safeguarding meetings
- Attend Learning managers’ meetings with Deputy Head teacher.
- liaise with parents/carers about all aspects of pupil’s welfare
- Process and approve free school meals applications.
- Liaise and administer all aspects of pupil’s locker system. Maintain them and process payment.
- Maintain lost property system
- Distribute and authorise Oyster travel cards
- Cover and assist in main reception when required.
For an electronic application pack, please click here. Completed application forms should be returned to the school via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the School marked for the attention of the Human Resources Manager. References will be sought prior to interview. CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date: 12/07/2019 Interview: TBC